The purpose of the walk and show is to raise funds for ASSARO – The Australian Shepherd South African Rescue Organisation and to create awareness of the plight of the breed, as well as to promote the KJoof Conservancy and raise funds for the conservancy via the Fun Day Dog Show to be held on the same day. The event is to be held at Kloof Memorial Park, Douglas Road, Kloof and the walk will be demarcated on the day.
Our Fun Dog Walk will Start at 09h00, and entries will be accepted until 10h30. Registration and payment R30 per dog for the walk. (in other words, people may start the walk until 10h30.
Registration from 08h00, closes at 10h30.
Walk to be completed in your own time, with a watering station at the end.
The walk will be ON LEAD, around the park and through and over the river as demarcated on the day.
Rules for the walk and show
1. All dogs to be ON LEAD, at all times
2. No Dogs under EIGHT MONTHS will be allowed to compete in the walk, although they may enter into the show classes. Young dogs are more than welcome to enjoy the park.
3. No older or infirm dogs permitted – this includes dogs with current health problems.
4. Adults are requested to accompany ALL CHILDREN under 16.
5. Owners of dogs take full responsibility for their dogs on the day, and are requested to avoid confrontation with other dogs, keep their dogs under control and have fun! ASSARO, Kloof Conservancy and the organisers and all their companies and assistants take NO RESPONSIBILITY and cannot be held liable, for any dogs or people on the day, or for any loss or injury, howsoever caused. Entry fees and attendance to the show indicates acceptance of this fact and all participants are agreed to be liable for their own animals and behaviour, including equipment and vehicles.
6. Absolutely NO DOGS to be left tied up or in vehicles on the day. Such dogs will be removed via the SPCA, who will be called immediately.
Fun Dog Show
Entries R30 for the walk R20 per class or R100 for all classes AND The walk.
There will be several classes on the day: Starts 08h30 (registration) First Class starts 10h00
1. Best looking Male Dog
2. Best looking Female Dog
3. Best looking Rescue Dog
4. Cutest Dog/Most Unusual Dog/Best Groomed/Prettiest OVERALL dog and owner
5. Best trick (not more than two minutes long please!)
6. Best Dressed dog and owner
7. Fastest Jump Over
8. Fun Obedience Rally-O
9. Fun Jumping Class (Small level jumps and medium)
10. Fastest Retrieve – any item
11. Fastest recall